Paz Ponce is a CO-LABOURER of the 4th edition of MPA-B 2014
The Month of Performance Art-Berlin (MPA-B) is a 31 day, city-wide and artist-run platform for independent performance art practices, running annually in May, that connects and brings together hundreds of artists, spaces, networks and initiatives who collectively contribute to a unique and radical month-long programme, featuring: indoor and outdoor performances, site-specific interventions, talks, workshops, screenings, public encounters and interactions, dinners, durational and days-long actions and other formats and projects which do not have, or reject, any definition.
MPA–B was founded in 2011 with 5 main objectives at its core:
- to facilitate connections and cooperation amongst venues, curators, networks, organisations and other independent players working in the field of performance art;
- to support and draw attention to Berlin’s unique community of performance artists and practitioners;
- to foster innovative critical discourses, practice-based exchanges and interactions between performance art makers and new audiences;
- to explore and confront new models and methodologies of curating, producing, promoting, sustaining, creating, making, understanding and talking about performance art;
- to document the history of contemporary performance art practices in the city through the annual Berlin Performance Art Report.